Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve


















We went to my parents house for Christmas Eve. It is our tradition, Christmas Eve is our big event when we open presents and have a great family dinner together. What you won't see in these pictures is the Ugg story. So I told my Mom I wanted a new pair of Uggs and when I was at their house a few days before Christmas I shook the boxes and knew I had a pair of Uggs under there (been shakin boxes for almost 30 yrs). So i tell my sweet husband this and he rats me out. Calls my Mom and says "Brittany has been looking under the tree and is pretty sure there are Uggs under there". So they get my Uncle Steve involved. He finds some brown boots at a Goodwill type store and they re-wrap the present with these boots in the Uggs box. I thought my Mom was trying to be "cool' and buy me a "stylish"pair of Uggs so I quickly looked at them and Said "Ohhhh Thank you". Of course you all know the look that was on my face. So once I figured it out when everyone was laughing at me that they tricked me and it served me right. So yes I did get my Uggs and a hot pair of 20 year old crap cowboy boots. HA HA. Just remember all of you that Karma's a Bitch (sorry to swear on the blog) so you all have it coming to you!!!!!!!!!! Also the train set and lincoln logs were my Dad's from when he was a kid. He is passing them on to Justin. It was a fun time for my Dad to see Justin playing with the toys he played with as a boy!

5 comments:

Sandie B said...

Looks like you all had a really
beautiful Christmas. The boys are so darn big! I think Ryan actually has a neck now! I see big brother got in opening his brother's gifts too. That was Colin when he was Justin's age too - always the big helper. What a joy for your Dad to be able to pass on such great Christmas memories to his first Grandson. Happy New Year to you all!

Jocelyn said...

ahhh man!your parent's are so lucky that they get to have you guys! i feel especially bad for my mom around the holidays. she spends so much time shopping for you guys and the little guys...wondering what toy justin would like to open christmas morning- what shirt looks like you-which jeans colin wants- i think she even color codes and wraps all the presents separately! what she wouldn't give to be there christmas morning to watch all the excitement!hopefully my dad will be there next year to experience it all. glad to see you all had a merry christmas! it was nice here in seattle too! happy new year. xoxox.

Karen said...

Christmas was extra special this year -- the little guys are so much fun and to see the sparkle in their eyes makes us all believe! It was great fun to finally get back at Brittany but it's doubtful that will ever cure her! Happy to New Year to all of the Brown family as well.

Sundi said...

Are those the uggs you wore new years eve? I loved the idea of having the boys open their gifts in their chairs. last year you can get away with that im sure. Next year poor Ryan won't even fit in his seat so he'll get free range. Looks like it was a very fun Christmas

Jocelyn said...

#1 auntie and grammy are wanting more pics please.(i know the little guy has been sick) but maybe soon?